Maryland pain treatment clinics offer a range of treatments to alleviate chronic pain. Chronic pain is a debilitating symptom of many different medical conditions. It can severely curtail a patient’s ability to enjoy life, so MD pain clinics play a vital role in improving their patients’ quality of life.
Pain management doctors in Maryland treat patients at pain management centers across the Old Line State. Read on to learn more about options for pain management in Baltimore and beyond, and discover the best pain management centers in Maryland.
Can MMJ Be Used To Treat Chronic Pain?
Yes! Studies suggest that medical marijuana can effectively treat chronic pain symptoms associated with a wide variety of medical conditions.
Medical marijuana has been shown to:
- Relieve pain
- Increase physical and mental relaxation
- Improve your ability to fall asleep
- Enhance mood
- Increase appetite
Which Chronic Pain Conditions Respond Best To Medical Marijuana Treatment?
Many chronic pain conditions respond well to medical marijuana treatment. The most common conditions that a Maryland physician will prescribe MMJ treatment for are:
- Arthritis and other rheumatic disorders
- Back and neck pain
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscle pain
- Muscle spasms
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Sickle cell anemia
- Tension headaches
Pain Management Doctors In Maryland
Pain management doctors in Maryland use a range of treatments to alleviate chronic pain symptoms. MD pain clinics treat pain using:
- Spinal treatments
- Nerve blocks
- Physical therapy
- Mental health support
Several MD pain clinics work with MMJ dispensaries to provide treatment and education to patients.
Pain Management In Baltimore
Many of the best Maryland pain treatment centers are located in Baltimore. Baltimore is the most populous city in Maryland and has more pain management centers than any other city in the state. Several of the best MD pain clinics, including Maryland Pain Specialists and Choice Pain and Rehabilitation Center, are located in the greater Baltimore area.
Best Pain Management Centers In Maryland
Here are three of the best pain management centers in Maryland that MMJ patients should know about.
The team at the University of Maryland Pain Management Center is led by board-certified anesthesiologists and includes nurses, pain psychologists, and physical therapists. The clinic is part of the Department of Anesthesiology at UM’s School of Medicine and specializes in both pain management research and practice.
Location: 2200 Kernan Drive, Gwynn Oak, MD 21207
Phone: (410) 448 6824
Maryland Pain Specialists provide comprehensive evaluations and individualized, science-based therapies for patients who suffer from a wide range of chronic and acute pain conditions.
- 8322 Bellona Avenue, Suite 330, Towson, MD 21204
- 226 Schilling Circle, Suite 170, Hunt Valley, MD 21031
- O’Dea Building – 7505 Osler Drive, Suite 500, Towson, MD 21204
- 7601 Osler Drive, Towson, MD 21004
Choice Pain and Rehabilitation Center offers a wide range of treatments for patients who suffer from acute and chronic pain conditions. The doctors at Choice use a multidisciplinary approach to improve the physical, mental, and emotional health of their patients.
- 6475 New Hampshire Ave Suite 620, Hyattsville, MD 20783
- 18540 Office Park Dr., Gaithersburg, MD 20886
- 7404 Executive Pl. Suite 503, Lanham, MD 20706
- 1005 North Point Blvd Suite 722, Dundalk, MD 21224
- 6615 Reisterstown Rd. Suite 302, Baltimore, MD 21215
- 3413 Olandwood Court Suite 103, Olney, MD 20832
- 7106 Ridge Road Suite 100, Rosedale, MD 21237
- 1001 Pine Heights Avenue Suite 200, Baltimore, MD 21229
- 5620 St. Barnabas Road Suite 340, Oxon Hill, MD 20745
Still In Need Of Pain Relief? Here’s How To Get A Maryland MMJ Card
If you don’t yet have a Maryland medical marijuana card, now might be the time to get one! Medical marijuana is a very effective treatment for chronic pain, and can be used in conjunction with other pain treatments to provide relief. Even if you already have a Maryland MMJ card, your card must be renewed annually.
The easiest way to apply for your first, or replacement, Maryland MMJ card is to follow these steps:
- Sign up for the MMJRecs Online Clinic.
- Create a new patient log-in by filling out the necessary info via the “Get Started” or “Register” buttons.
- Have a telemedicine consultation with an MMJRecs doctor via video call.
- Wait for your certificate. (You’ll receive your Maryland MMJ certificate from MMJRecs within 24–48 hours of approval.)
- Register as a patient with the Maryland Medical Marijuana commission by logging onto the State of Maryland Medical Cannabis Program website.
- Pay the fee. (Maryland MMJ card applications and renewals cost $50.)
- Receive your card. (You’ll get provisional access to a licensed dispensary within 24 hours of submitting your application, so you can start purchasing medical marijuana as soon as you have this.)